Thursday, February 13, 2020

Did I deserve this?

I stole a pudding cup from a girl in my 3rd grade class. I also stole her spoon because I didn't want to eat it with my fingers. A few months later I returned the dirty spoon to her backpack while everyone else was out at recess because it was a regular metal spoon and it felt wrong to throw it away. She was confused, I never fessed up.

I spent months as a teenager sneaking out of my bedroom window at night to run around with a man I met on the internet.

I was promiscuous in my youth.

I was sorted into Slytherin House and I honestly don't mind.

I bought my first car and drove it for months and months even though I didn't even have a drivers license yet.

I married my first husband knowing I would divorce him one day.

I slept with another woman's husband. More than once.

I love my children, I don't think I love being a mother.

I hold grudges.

I gossip.

I didn't attend my mothers funeral.

I imagine my mother spending eternity in hell and it brings me peace.

I lied. I stole. I cheated. I injured. I overlooked. I sinned.

I did this to myself?

My body did this to me.

I didn't do this intentionally. I wouldn't have chosen this. I don't know the moment where I should have gone left and instead went right. Does that moment even exist? I own my body. My body did this. I...did this. Can you do this to yourself?

Do life's little insults and injuries compound on themselves to create the culmination of whatever you've done mirrored back onto you?



No comments:

Post a Comment